Okay Montreal, the holiday season is upon us so that means that regular schedules will be affected. So, what’s open and closed on December 24th and 25th.
Of course, being a time where people are out, there are lots of things that are open, like museums, restaurants, and some major attractions. The important thing is to call everywhere ahead of heading out because the holidays do affect business hours.
Most government offices will be closed, including city offices. But, the 311 Info Line will stay open for the entire holiday season, so if anyone needs any information about services, they’re open for business, even on Christmas Day.
Definitely open for business in Montreal are the parking meters that will follow their regular schedule without exception — even on Christmas Day.
Also open on Christmas Day in Montreal:
- Montreal Casino
- Atrium Le 1000 skating rink
- Movie theatres
- St. Joseph Oratory and Notre-Dame Basilica
- Some depanneurs and pharmacies
As for public transit, of course it remains in operation, but they will operate on the Sunday schedule.
Here’s what’s closed on Christmas Day in Montreal:
- Federal and provincial government offices are closed December 24, 25, and 26.
- Post offices
- Outdoor markets (Jean-Talon Market, Atwater Market, etc)
- Parks (no cleaning or equipment rentals)
- SAQ stores
- Most stores and shopping centers (you can do that again on Boxing Day)
- Most grocery stores
- Most restaurants (call ahead just in case of exceptions)
- Garbage pickup postponed to December 26
- Museum of Fine Arts, Pointe-A-Calliere and McCord Museums, Biodome, Science Centre, and Botanical Gardens