As the summer winds down to its end, Montreal’s popular LadyFest comes to bring laughs to the city for a full week in September. (Photo: Lesley Stoch via Montreal LadyFest/Facebook).
LadyFest is an event full of fun non-binary and female comedians joining together. They deliver stand-up routines, do sketch comedy and improv, display videos, and tell stories.
This year’s LoveFest slogan is ‘One Love. No Jerks.’ Show up at this festival and expect an enjoyable experience that is respectful, inclusive, and focused on growth, connection, and laughter of course.
The all-female comedy festival fosters an environment that is free of violence, sexism, racism, xenophobia, ageism, fatphobia, ableism, homophobia, and transphobia.
LadyFest aims to use the ‘unstoppable force of love and respect’ to bring together comedians and audiences for a special experience.
Montreal’s 4th edition of LadyFest includes both local and visiting comedians. The lineup is as follows:
- September 3, 9 PM, Blue Dog Motel: There’s Something Funny Going On
- September 3, 7 PM, Montreal Improv: Les Lundis d’Impro
- September 6, 8 PM, Montreal Improv: Woke Tales
- September 6, 9:30 PM, Montreal Improv: Video Island
- September 7, 8 PM, Theatre Ste. Catherine: The Sketch Republic
- September 7, 10 PM, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Stand Up For What We Need
- September 8, 8 PM, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Yas Kween & Colour Outisde The Lines
- September 8, 10 PM, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Ladyfest’s All In & Out
- September 9, 5 – 8 PM, Montreal Improv: Free Drop-In Show
LadyFest comedians will also be performing at a collection of Montreal venues throughout the week.
When: September 3 – 9
Where: Various Montreal locations (Click above link for their website for more details).