It’s checkmate time again in the Quartier des Spectacles with the giant chess pieces and boards known as Jeux d’échecs géants in French!
A fun way for people to enjoy a friendly game of chess (even if it really isn’t your game). Who can resist using their mind and body to play this oversized game.
And, it’s FREE! But, it’s on a first come, first serve basis. Get there early and you’ll have a chance to play on the outdoor boards.
There are 4 GIANT CHESS SETS, which are known as the Jeux d’échecs géants. Don’t worry, the pieces are not as heavy as they look. In fact, they’re made of plastic and are pretty easy to move.
Jeux d’échecs géants – Giant Chess in Montreal
- When: May 2 – 31 from 10 AM to 8 PM
- Where: Quartier des Spectacles, Corner Ste. Catherine & Jeanne Mance
- Price: Free
- Montreal Grand Prix 2019 Schedule & Details of the Huge Event
- Montreal Street Art Festival 2019 “Mural Fest” is Back!
- FREE Montreal RibFest 2019 Rocks the West Island for 3 Days